– 1-½ cup water
– 1cup toasted cashew pieces
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– 2 tbsp ghee
– 1 tbsp mustard seeds
– ½ to 1tsp red chilli powder
– ¼ tsp asafoetida
– 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
– 10 ounces thin vermicelli
– 8 ounces thin green beans, stemmed
– salt and pepper to taste
– ½ cup chopped cilantro
– Place the water, half of nuts, and the lemon juice in a blender; process until smooth.
– Heat ghee add mustard seeds.
– When they crackle add asafoetida.
– Then add tomatoes, chilli powder and cashew puree; remove from heat.
– Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; add the green beans.
– When the beans are just shy of cooked, stir in the vermicelli.
– Cook until the pasta is tender but firm.
– Drain well and add the pasta to the ingredients in the saucepan.
– Season with salt and pepper.
– Stir in the remaining cilantro and garnish with the remaining cashews.