– 3 cups coconut gratings
– 3 cups sugar
– 4 tsp ghee
– 3 cardamom pods
– 15 cashewnuts
– Grind coconut gratings with cashewnut bits, without adding water.
– Mix sugar with ½ cup of water in a vessel and heat till syrup is formed that can be drawn into strings.
– Add the ground mixture to the syrup and turn over constantly till the blend thickens a bit.
– Then add 2 tsps ghee and continue turning over till it forms a lump. Remove from flame.
– Flatten the blend on a wooden board, smeared with ghee, evenly to ¾” thickness.
– Cut into pieces of desired size of square/diamond shape, using a spatula (or dosa lifter), when still warm.
– Separate the pieces and store in a container, when cool.